Art for Social Change Submission Guidelines
Deadline for Submissions: EXTENDED to November 30, 2017
Criteria for Submissions:
- Submissions may come from any WSU undergraduate or graduate student
- All creative works must be submitted and received by 5:00pm on November 30, 2017.
- Submissions must be the entrant’s original idea and work. Entrants should not knowingly copy another’s idea, but entries will not be excluded merely because another entrant has a similar idea.
- Entries must not contain material which is (or promote activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, offensive, threatening, profane, harassing, or discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender, or age), and must not promote illegal activities
- Entries must not include mention or performance of any non-authorized copyrighted media production, including but not limited to music, films, books, television programming, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property.
- Entries must not contain material that violates or infringes on another’s rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, submissions must not include third party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, music, or sculptures without permission.
- If requested, we will return your artwork by June 2018
- The MLK Program reserves the right to use and reproduce the artwork on MLK marketing materials and during Washington State University events.
- Entrants are responsible for all shipping costs
- All submissions must be display ready, and include any hanging hardware.
- Washington State University is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen artwork. Washington State University will not indemnify or insure artwork for damages to the work itself or for any loss that may result from the displaying of the artwork.
How to Submit:
DEADLINE: Extended to 5:00 PST on November 30, 2017
- Put your full name on your creative work
Please put your name either in the title of your digital submission or somewhere on your artwork.
- All work should be display ready
Please make sure all artwork is display ready before physically submitting including hanging hardware if necessary
- Please fill out and submit an electronic form
- Submit your creative work
By USPS mail or in person to:
MLK18 Art for Social Change Program
c/o Sarah Jo Goddard
Talmadge Anderson Heritage House
Washington State University
P.O. Box 645501
Pullman, WA 99164-5501
Electronically: Please use the upload option in the submission form to submit digital media (videos, music)
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Jenne Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org