This award recognizes an individual or group from the entire Washington State University community who has made an extraordinary contribution toward continuing the work of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Following in Dr. King’s legacy, such individuals or groups must promote human rights and social justice in one or all of the following areas:
Altruism and community service – outstanding accomplishments or leadership serving others and promoting greater justice and social equality.
Advancement of diversity – notable achievements in creating a supportive climate for underrepresented groups, as well as recruiting, mentoring, and retaining diverse populations.
Education and inclusion – exceptional efforts of teaching, leadership, or programs that encourage an understanding of and quest for human rights and social justice for all people.
Awards will be given in the following categories.
- A current Washington State University faculty member.
- A current Washington State University staff member.
- A currently enrolled Washington State University student.
- A current group or organization affiliated with Washington State University.
- An individual or group from the surrounding community.
Nominations must be submitted no later than Wednesday, January 8, 2020 and include the following:
- A completed nomination form.
- A nominating statement citing specific efforts and accomplishments of the nominee (two pages maximum).